Values and Conduct
We strive to uphold the highest standards of discretion, integrity, honour and objectivity, and are committed to conducting ourselves in an accountable, professional and forthright manner. All business activities are undertaken in strict accordance with the rule of law, and in compliance with the codes of conduct of various international associations, statutory frameworks and regulatory bodies.
Operating in one of the most dynamic industries, and with an international footprint, Intertel seeks to satisfy the needs of clients by providing advice, services and products that support our mission and conform to our values. While firmly rooted in South Africa, we continually pursue both local and international opportunities to preserve and grow our capabilities and resources, and to add value to our clients, employees and shareholders. Our shared core values underpin every aspect of all our business dealings, irrespective of the activity or jurisdiction involved.
The Intertel core values are:
The Intertel Group regards high ethical standards as non-negotiable. This code of ethical conduct has been adopted to give effect to our core values and to guide our relationships with all our stakeholders and other relevant role-players as well as to outline our commitments to them. Intertel’s code of ethical conduct is binding on all directors, managers, employees, independent contractors, agents, service providers and business partners irrespective of their status as natural person, legal person or other entity.
- Our conduct shall at all times conform to the Intertel Core Values
- Act honestly, fairly and with due diligence in the interests of Intertel’s clients and the integrity of the Intertel Group
- Have due regard and respect for diversity and the beliefs, points-of-view and status of others
- Avoid any act that reflects adversely on our honesty, trustworthiness or professional competence
- Accept accountability for all our actions and decisions
- Refrain from any behaviour that can be classified as unlawful, unethical or discriminatory
- Foster a culture of responsible corporate citizenship and community service
- Maintain an equitable and sustainable employer-employee relationship
- Provide and maintain a safe, healthy and productive working environment
- Protect the privacy of client and employee information and safeguard intellectual property
- Manage and mitigate all conflicts or perceived conflicts of interest
- Provide protection for any person who reports violations of the Code